In an industry we love and have used to increase our income, buy rental properties and create freedom from an alarm clock. We have come to learn a whole lot on the what NOT to do. In true fashion its been a series of trial and error but after over 7 years in the industry and making over 7 figures. Here are 5 of the TOP reasons why people repel people away and how to fix it.
5 Simple ways NOT to be that ANNOYING Network Marketer!
1. Stop spamming you friends list with your link and a pitch. This is the worst thing you can do. The annoying copy paste message. Building in direct sales is about relationships and the worst thing you can do is turn off a person by just spamming them with your next greatest deal. Would you go into business by a random text or message from a stranger?
2. You are not the company brand. When people think of you do they think of the company you promote or do they think of you as a kick butt leader, skilled speaker, team builder. If you are being associated with the company brand and not your own you need to change this. No one ever bought Nike runners because some dude has the swoosh logo on his leg.
3. Take down the 700 pictures of you and your product. People like us who love direct sales and build huge teams join due to relationships, feelings and teams (yes science – comp plan – products are important) but people will not be open if they don’t first know, like and trust you. And it definitely won’t be because you have the Dermal patch on, a fancy face mask, a protein shake, the worlds greatest oils and water filters or the world is ending and we should get the Gold nugget gift card. Yes before and afters and results can be great promotion but with good taste and intention they will work. If there is overload it’s just too much and you will push people away. Now I’m not just hating on any opportunity or trying to single any of them out I am just referencing to what I have seen and at one time mistakenly done myself.
4. Stop jumping from company to company to company. Being known by your family and friends as the person who never commits or sticks with anything can be one of the hardest things to overcome and when you finally find the right home you have just burnt out the pocket books and belief of the ones you love.
5. PICK UP THE PHONE – I cannot emphasis this enough. Relationships are superficial via text or message. If you have the potential to earn a few extra thousands or hundreds of thousands a month you must treat your business or part time business that way. Making that call can be scary but it allows you to have the most control over the information, allows you to over come any objections and most importantly you can have a conversation, ask questions and create a bond that you could never do with a text. Not to mention your excitement and passion is never revealed in a message it gets lost in translation.
Bonus tip: Building a brand and creating value for others is one of the most attractive things you can do for your business. Separate yourselves from the millions of others who just are a flash in the pan. This will increase your retention and credibility.
Do you need additional help with your direct sales business. Are you stuck trying to find the perfect home for you and your team. Drop your information below and we will be sure to connect.