Its that time of year again: Goal Setting!! Whoop Whoop.
It’s also the time most people fail to plan or execute.
Writing down our goals is fine and dandy but if we
do not take the time to write our specific action plans for each
of our goals – 2016 will be another FLOP and before you know it we will be saying NEXT year.
2017 its my year…
We must take the time to GET SPECIFIC.
Hash out the details.
- What is the cost?
- What is the time frame?
- Where do you want to go?
- What is the business you want to launch or the sales target you have each week – day – month – year
- What is the specific amount to save each month?
- What are your bills?
- When is the deadline?
- What are the actions needed to taken by US to make it happen.
Price out what the Vacation costs and then calculate how much you need to save each month.
($5000 1 week all-inclusive for two = 416.66$mth for 12months)
If you want to see your family more – set up a calendar or create specific activities – plan a family reunion.
- What is your target gross sales goal?
- How much a week or month do you need to sell to hit target?
- How can you reduce expenses?
- How can you increase your client retention?
- How are you expanding your brand both business and personal?
- Feeling over worked – Break down your day – find out the wasted time – compress your actions to free up more time. Get off useless social media – schedule your social media time.
- Do you need STAFF – what qualities do you want in your staff or virtual assistant.
- What is your inventory like?
- DO you need inventory?
- Can you expedite shipping or client sales but having a bigger or better team for sales?
- What are you doing better this year for your staff, clients and customers
- How many phone calls or follow ups need to be made to make a sale? Each day/Week
Health – TAKE OWNERSHIP – we are adults and information is at a plethora on line and at a gym on how to eat and workout. If you don’t start putting importance in this who cares about the vacation or the family fun times if you cant participate or won’t be there next year for it.
Write down you Why – The motivation you need each day to make a change and take action.
What is your commitment to reach your goal?
- Gym 5x a week
- A Personal Trainer
- Group Fitness Classes
- Walking you dog each day
- Reduction of sugar
- What are your current measurements? Before Photos
- Meal Plan or grocery plan.
- Eat out less or no more creamy salad dressing
- 4L of water a day and no more soda
- Reduction on red meat
- Go Vegetarian or Vegan!
- No more white pasta or breads
- lose the cheese
What Im trying to say is BE DETAILED. But more importantly be accountable for your actions.
Finances – TAKE OWNERSHIP – everyone faces hard times, But if this is your 2nd 3rd time around for a bad economy and you haven’t planned for the future its TIME – this is your clue. Because its going to happen again.
Next time will you be the one buying up real estate on a discount or are you going to be the one complaining AGAIN that times are tough and your spending WAY above your means.
- We highly recommend you read the Tony Robbins book -Money Master the Game. Start a automatic debt weekly or monthly.
- Research higher returns than the bank and get educated on your countries economy and the world.
- Real Estate
Taxes – GET a accountant or a book keeper if you are a business owner. Ask questions about
- What can I write off
- Charitable donations
- Business Expenses
- When to incorporate – How to incorporate
- Lindal Enterprises Allan@lindalenterprises.ca is our personal favourite – you are welcome to use them North American Wide
Book Keeping- this is the best way to be 100% CLEAR on where your $$$$$ is going.
We suggest a spread sheet that includes to begin.
1. Vehicle costs
2. Automatic Debits (gym memberships – life insurance – medical – autoship orders – car insurance, car loan etc)
3. Property Tax
4. Income – Personal – Business – Investing
5. Bills – Energy – Heat – Water – Landscaping – Snow removal
7. Monthly payments for investing
11. Current Savings Accounts
12. Current RRSP/LIRA/401K
This is a beginning a tipping point.
You can also include:
- Bring in more income
2016 can be just like 2015 or WORSE or you can make a change
and set out to accomplish your goals not just set a list of hopes.
Goals only are achieved if WE put in the work.
Goals are more easily achieved if we have a proper action plan in place.
To find out more about working with us visit
Happy New Year,
Kristen & Ryan Johnson
#liveunchained #setgoals2016 #makemagichappen